Meets 9 – 9:50 A.M. on Sunday Mornings.
Due to COVID-19, Sunday School is currently not meeting.
Middle School and High School Youth meet together every Sunday night for fun, fellowship, and Bible study.
Middle School meets 5-6:30 PM
High School meets 6-7:30 PM
Summer '20 INDY Challenge
The Summer ‘20 INDY Challenge is a summer-long event that will challenge you in ways you don’t even realize yet! It consists of a list of 50 challenges which contestants must complete by the end of the summer. The challenges vary widely in difficulty and scope. However, each challenge is only worth one point. No challenge is more valuable than any other, and you can do them in any order! At the end of the Summer, whoever has done the most challenges will be crowned the winner and receive a special prize!
- The Summer ‘20 INDY Challenge starts June 1, 2020 and ends July 31, 2020. No challenges may be completed outside those dates.
- In order to receive credit for completing a challenge, the contestant or family member or friend must take a photo or video of themselves completing the challenge and…
- Post their picture or video to Instagram and tag @WPCYouth in their post. Or…
- Upload the picture or video to the WPC Youth Google Drive Folder. (Link and information can be found on the wpcgodfrey.org website)
- You may not receive credit for multiple challenges at the same time.
- Periodically throughout the summer, BONUS Challenges will be offered during Youth Group on Sunday Nights. Come to Youth Group for a chance to complete more challenges!
- On August 1, Reed will determine a winner. A celebration of the Summer ‘20 INDY Challenge will take place in early August (TBD) where prizes will be awarded to the winners and fun will be had by all!
- Some challenges are very specific and some are not so specific. You are encouraged to use your imagination to complete the challenges in the best way you can see fit.
- There are 50 challenges and 61 days to complete them. Try to do 1 challenge a day!
- You should be able to accomplish every challenge while maintaining good social distancing practices. Please avoid unnecessary social interaction.
- Have fun!
In order for contestants to receive credit for completing challenges, they will need to submit either a picture or video of the challenge being completed. Contestants can do this in one of two ways:
- Instagram Post: If you or your parent has an Instagram account, you can post your picture or video to the account to receive credit! Just make sure to tag @WPCYouth when you post the picture or video, and say which number (#) challenge you are completing.
- Google Drive: Click on the “Google Drive Submission” button above. This will take you to a Google Folder where you can upload your picture or video under the name of the contestant. To upload, either drag and drop the file into the right folder, or hit the plus button to choose the file.
|1.||Hit the bullseye from 15 yards away|
|2.||Spell out your name without using actual letters.|
|3.||Do something nice for someone else in the church.|
|4.||Recite a Shakespeare Sonnet to someone.|
|5.||Get a picture of the sunrise.|
|6.||Lick a 9 volt battery.|
|7.||Make dinner for your family.|
|8.||Create and consume a food item using (at least) these ingredients: Kiwi, Peanut Butter, Rosemary, and Anchovies.|
|9.||Memorize Philippians 2:1-11.|
|10.||Visit a historical Alton location.|
|11.||Reenact a classic scene from the original Star Wars trilogy.|
|12.||Make a birdhouse out of household items and get a picture with a bird using it.|
|13.||Do a handstand!|
|14.||Get a picture with an animal that is not a house pet.|
|15.||Have a bucket of gatorade dumped on your head.|
|16.||Skip a stone at least 4 times.|
|17.||Pick up trash on the side of the road.|
|18.||Achieve chubby bunny status.|
|19.||Successfully complete a hopscotch run of at least 20 squares.|
|20.||Jam out to a worship song.|
|21.||Eat a spoonful of cinnamon.|
|22.||Memorize Psalm 18:1-15|
|23.||Keep a balloon in the air for one minute without using your hands.|
|24.||Dress as a disney character.|
|25.||Determine how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop.|
|26.||Score a goal/touchdown.|
|27.||Eat some of the best pizza in town.|
|28.||Make something cool out of legos.|
|29.||Get someone to sign a banana, then eat it in front of them.|
|30.||Get a photo of a license plate with a funny phrase on it.|
|31.||Memorize Isaiah 12.|
|32.||Go for a swim.|
|33.||Make a fort out of pillows and blankets.|
|34.||Get a picture of your whole family.|
|35.||Create a work of art using the art style of “pointillism.”|
|36.||Dress up as a ninja and perform some cool ninja tricks.|
|37.||Get a hole-in-one.|
|38.||Balance a book and a cup of water on your head.|
|39.||Create a self-portrait using some form of paint.|
|40.||Reenact the balcony scene from Shakespeare’s classic romance, Romeo and Juliet.|
|41.||Roll a Yahtzee.|
|42.||Wash your parent’s car.|
|43.||Jump over something.|
|44.||Assist an elderly person.|
|45.||Memorize Galatians 5:16-26|
|46.||Get a picture of the sunset.|
|47.||Do a bottle flip from at least 6 feet away|
|48.||Do 5 burpees in a row.|
|49.||Win in a race.|
|50.||Get a picture of Pastor in his natural habitat.|
Youth Contact Information
Reed Berger: Youth Director
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (919)-607-4173